Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'd rather die of passion than boredom (E. H. Gombrich - 1909-2001)

I read that quote somewhere...  My identification with it was instantaneous.

Passion moves me along. It's my energy, my breath of life. Without passion, I'd rather die.

Don't you think our passions are the motivators that help us get up in the morning? They are also the fuel that keeps our mental lights on late at night. 

You might have several passions. Or a big one. But if you don't have any passion at all... tell me, what is the fun? Life just goes by.... just like that??

I am passionate for life when it's exciting!  And life is exciting when we make it exciting!

Don't get confused with "things you love" or you simply "like to do". Not everything you love or like to do, may be a passion. But ALL what are your PASSIONS you love and like to do!


You may love your job just enough, but still not be passionate for it! You may like to dance, or grow veggies, but may not be passionate for these things.

I love to cook, but I am not passionate for it. Passions brighten my day: my business and my ESL trainees, my inspirations when I am writing, my studies,  the moon, roller coasters, sexy men (yes, plural! why should I limit myself?), the  drums,  belly dance, photography, cheese & wine,  friends, summer, roses (of course!),  pastel (Brazilian pastry), and if I keep thinking I may find some more.

Passions keep our mind sharp, our body happy, and our soul young and singing!

Now that I've shared mine, what are YOUR passions? What really does make you vibrate in high frequency? What does make you believe you can! What does make you feel strong, accomplished, and really ALIVE?

Think about that one moment - that one moment in time (or several times) - when intense excitement rules your senses. That's passion!

The spice, the flavor... and we are here to savor it!


What are your passions?

"One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested."
~E. M. Forster~


No comments:

Post a Comment